Peace Harmony and Joy

Sunday 18 January 2015

Laughter is the best medicine.


Do you ever have one of those days that don't go the way you expect?  I was hoping for a long lie in bed today but instead the three dogs I have in my house this weekend woke me up at 6am. One of them belongs to a friend. After letting them out in the garden I did manage to go back to bed till 8am so all was not lost.




The day started to go downhill when I went to make breakfast. I put some Hash Browns in the oven and cooked some eggs to go with them. When they were ready I took them out of the oven with a towel and then without thinking went to grab the tray with my bare hand. As you can guess I burned myself as the tray and Hash Browns went all over the floor. Don't worry, Calendula  cream and running my hand under cold water very quickly did the trick. I sat down and ate my lonesome eggs after cleaning the floor. I then realised I had left my coffee in the kitchen so went to collect it. After taking a mouthful I realised it was cold. I had forgotten to switch on the kettle.  Duh!

I then decided it was time to take all the dogs out for a walk and play but before that the bath needed rinsed after my shower. I'm sure you can guess what I did next. I turned the shower on me instead of the bath. After going and getting dry clothes to replace my soaking wet ones all I could do was laugh at myself. I  promise you I'm not going senile, even if it sounds like it. I obviously had not wakened up properly. At least that's my reasoning. I thought I would give you all a laugh as it does us all good to laugh at ourselves sometimes.

My day has got back on target after walking the dogs and letting them play. I even managed to get my friends dog to come back to me eventually. Mind you it may go downhill again when I try to wash her if I can pluck up the courage. My 2 are happy getting washed and brushed but this little beauty hates both so I may end up getting scratched. Of course I could just give her back to my friend tonight as she is as I know she will get just as mucky tomorrow too.

I hope you are all having a better start to the day than I did. Out of it though I have given myself such a laugh so I  must have produced loads of feel good Endorphins. Just a thought - maybe I should star in a remake of Fawlty Towers!

Feel free to give me company and tell me what funny things you have done and if you managed to laugh at yourself.















Joy Fraser
Usui Reiki Master / Teacher

Peace Harmony and Joy Edinburgh












No comments:

Post a Comment