Peace Harmony and Joy

Friday 14 April 2017

Sometimes It's Okay To Not Be Okay

Last week at work I spoke with a husband whose wife had left their 18month baby alone in the bath. The baby has been in a coma for 3 months and is now brain damaged and on breathing and suction machines. I wanted to put out my arms to hug him. What an awful thing for the family to live with. All it took was a few minutes inattention. When you speak with people over the phone you never know what conversation is going to come through but this one shocked me big time.


This week I had a shock of my own when I returned to the house to see that I had been burgled. My brain felt paralised for the first day and now I am writing down all the things I think are missing. I've got a feeling that other things will be remembered as and when I need them. Apart from having my home violated it has left me feeling uncomfortable so my sage is going to come out this weekend.

During this time I have been so grateful for all that friends and family have both done and offered to do for me. I know that I will move on from this but during this time I keep thinking of the baby above. I hope that family has support as they will need it ongoing. There are always people in a worse situation than ourselves and it doesn't hurt us to remember this when we are feeling sorry for ourselves.

This has been one of the times that I have also been grateful for reiki. The first night I got to bed at 1am after waiting on the police and the person to deal with my window. I fell asleep instantly with tiredness. Over the last couple of days I have been giving myself lots of reiki which has minimised the stress I was feeling and has allowed me to relax a bit more. I am also thankful for all my friends on social media who have reached out to me so I thank them all.



Joy Fraser
www.peaceharmonyandjoy.co.uk
Reiki Teacher in Edinburgh
https://www.facebook.com/peaceharmonyandjoy/


No comments:

Post a Comment